Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Cookies have Values!

Branched Out Cookies are made with the consumers, earth, and animals in mind. When I devised these cookies it was with the consideration that as a vegan there was not many options out there for baked goods unless you wanted to make them yourself. This is too bad, since vegan baked goods are actually super easy (as many of you know) to make. So all my cookies are vegan.

Although being vegan already makes these cookies way better for the environment (and super awesome for animals) I am also passionate about eating locally as much as possible. Focusing local reduces are CO2 footprint, and it also helps to build our local economy. Therefore as many of my ingredients used are local, and/or organic, as possible.

Another consideration is the flour used. I know a lot of people (my dad included) that have an intolerance to wheat, therefore all of the cookies are made with spelt flour and oats, no wheat. Although they are wheat free, this does mean they are gluten free, I was not quite ready to take that plunge.

Finally, I wanted to cookies to also give back and support the art community...this aspect of the cookies is still in the works. I am trying to figure out the best, and easiest, way to do this still.

Therefore, as you can see, although delicious, these cookies ain't simple! When you buy Branched Out Cookies you are supporting a lot more then just your sugar craving!

No comments:

Post a Comment